Monday, July 5, 2010

So I Am A Piece of Shit...

Over the course of the young summer so far I have met so many new and fascinating people and in light of this I am coming to realize, by information from my friends, that I am leaving them high and dry, forgetting my priorities to the ones who have listened to my darkest maddest doldrums and who have experienced my peak topped blisses. The issue is not that I do not care, but that I belong to no one, that I am selfish, yes, and do play by my own agenda, but that I am realizing how important my role as the drifter is. I am neither partial nor absolved to any one party. I see everyone's side, not just the side I want to see and I try to be there but I also am an explorer, not satisfied with the pedestrian stagnation of complacency that can sometimes be brought on by consistent friend circles. And while this existence can become lonely, and at times shallow, it is just the routine that I am in.

So in some way, this is a missive of apology and clarification, for anyone who reads, or cares to meet my future or present self.

No comments:

Post a Comment