Monday, September 7, 2009

Maybe that piece is mine, and yours, too

Kevin Coval used to live in my apartment. I got a piece of his mail (this is how I know, unless he has a decoy). If you don't know him, he's a rather big name on the Chicago poetry scene, he's Jewish, I was recommended to workshop with him through a rabbi...things are coming full circle here? Maybe he left some wisdom in these walls, something aching through the ceiling.

A piece of ceiling fell yesterday, maybe that piece is mine.

2 comments:

  1. zach! hi.
    i still have yet to pursue the amazing recommendations you gave me but that's mostly because I'm having issues pursuing most books in english.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin!!! That is completely understandable and respectable. I'm tired of English myself. Are you in Sweden? Reading Swedish?

    ReplyDelete